West African Vegan Curry
This African inspired curry if full of goodness, and complex flavours, but is really easy to make. You will need:
- 200g firm tofu
- 1/2 butternut squash (peeled, deseeded and cubed)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped into discs)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 400g soaked chickpeas
- handful of green beans (cut into 3cm pieces)
- handful of chard (or spinach)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbs fresh ginger (chopped)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- handful of chopped peanuts
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- juice of one lime
Heat the coconut oil in a large pan or wok, add the chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is clear.
Add the garlic, ginger, garlic powder, ground ginger, turmeric, curry powder and salt and stir for 30 seconds.
Add the carrots, tofu, butternut squash, broccoli, chickpeas, coconut milk and vegetable stock, stir thoroughly and bring to a simmer. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
Add the chard or spinach and the peanut butter, stir and leave simmering uncovered for 5 minutes.
Stir in the lime juice and serve.